Sunday, October 10, 2010

Geochaching n00bs.

Today Jeff and I went geocaching for the first time.  We spent an hour and a half searching for the right trail at a local county park, and finally ended up in the right direction.  However, the GPS on my phone kind of stinks so it was skipping around a lot.  As we were heading back to the trail we'd left to search for this particular cache, I noticed that the GPS was saying we were closer than we'd been all day, so I stopped to look around again and low and behold...there it was!  An old, cracked Tupperware container beneath a rock.  Hot damn, I'd found it!  We dug through the contents for a while (small things people had left, like trinkets, candy, rocks, coins, etc.), signed the paper log that had somehow stayed dry, and then went to Sonic for lunch.  Not a bad way to spend a lovely Sunday afternoon!

Here are a few photos I took along the way:

Jeff leads the way.



Jeff with the log--we actually found it!

We saw this guy on our way back to the car--it's a groundhog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting me! If it's spam, I'll know it. :)